I'm not feeling very well just now (probably more to come) and so I decided I'd do something to cheer me up:
100 Books I want to read next year (in no particular order) [14/100]
As you can see, I am nowhere near 100, so suggestions are welcome!
100 Books I want to read next year (in no particular order) [14/100]
- Walter Scott - Waverley (Bonnie Prince Charlie, YAY ^^)
- Mary Shelley - Frankenstein (already had a go at that one for my ZP, but never finished. Shame on me.)
- Nathaniel Hawthorne - The Scarlet Letter
- Charles Dickens - Nicholas Nickleby
- John Cleland - Fanny Hill
- Emily Bronte - Wuthering Heights
- JRR Tolkien - Lord of the Rings (reread, obviously)
- Rebecca Gablé - Das zweite Königreich
- Rosemary Sutcliff - whichever I can lay my hands on (preferably Warrior Scarlet or Bonnie Dundee ^^)
Philipp Pullman - Northern Lights (want to reread all of them)- Philipp Pullman - The Subtle Knife
- Philipp Pullman - The Amber Spyglass
- RL Stevenson - The Black Arrow (never knew that book even existed before I saw it in a shop...)
- Joseph Eichendorff - Leben eines Taugenichts (also reread)
- Novalis - Heinrich von Ofterdingen
- Heinrich Böll - Irisches Tagebuch
- Schiller - Der Geisterseher
- Kleist - Michel Kohlhaas
Büchner - Leonce und Lena & Woyzeck (because the two together are only 70 pages)- ETA Hoffmann - Lebensansichten des Katers Murr
- Marc Aurel - Selbstbetrachtungen
- Jostein Gaarder - Sopies Welt (reread, hopefully I will understand it now that I'm older and know more about philosophy)
- Umberto Eco - The Name of the Rose (finally finish....)
CS Lewis he Magician's Nephew(and the other Narnia-Books)- T- TA Barron - The Lost Years of Merlin (another reread)
- TA Barron - The Seven Songs of Merlin
- TA Barron - The Fires of Merlin
- TA Barron - The Mirror of Merlin
- TA Barron - The Wings of Merlin
- John Polidori - The Vampyre
- ETA Hoffmann - Die Elixire des Teufels
- Thomas Mann - Der Zauberberg
- Brian Jacques - Redwall (and its sequels ^^)
- Tad Williams - Otherland 1 - City of Golden Shadow (all reread, never finished the last one)
- Tad Williams - Otherland 2 - River of Blue Fire
- Tad Williams - Otherland 3 - Mountain of Black Glass
- Tad Williams - Otherland 4 - Sea of Silver Light
- Charlotte Bronte - Jane Eyre (started but never finished...)
- Jean Rhys - Wide Sargasso Sea
- John Bunyan - The Pilgrim's Progress (also never finished)
Victor Hugo - Bug-Jargal- Victor Hugo - Les Miserables
- Alexandre Dumas - Les Trois Musquetaires (probably won't try the French one, though...)
- Alexandre Dumas - Le Comte de Monte-Cristo
- something by George Eliott (to be decided)
- another Dickens (yet to be decided)
- Kate Fox - Watching the English
- Arthur Conan Doyle - The Complete Sherlock Holmes (exept Hound of the Baskervilles, reread that recently)
- John Toohey - Captain Bligh's Portable Nightmare
- Harald Haarmann - Weltgeschichte der Sprachen
- WM Thackeray - Vanity Fair
- Thomas Mann - Buddenbrooks
- Gustave Flaubert - Madame Bovary
- Heinrich Mann - Der Untertan
- Seth Grahame-Smith - Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Monica Ali - Brick Lane- something by EM Forster (yet to be decided...)
- JJ Rousseau - Emile (Yes, you can call me crazy...)
Michael Ende - Die unendliche GeschichteRosemary Sutcliff - The Eagle of the Ninth (once again ^^)Michael Ende - MomoAstrid Lindgren - Mio mein Mio (once again)- Astrid Lindgren - Ronja Räubertochter (also again)
- Henry Fielding - Tom Jones
Patrick O'Brian - Mauritius Command (I'm already 60 pages in, but but seeing that the book has like 400 pages in total, I'll count it)Sandra Newman and Howard Mittelmark - How not to write a novel (only counts as half because I'm already 160 pages in)Reif Larsson - The selected works of TS Spivettunknown author - Beowulf (for my exam, but nevermind)Dan Price - How to make a journal of your life- Daniel Kehlmann - Die Vermessung der Welt
As you can see, I am nowhere near 100, so suggestions are welcome!
no subject
Date: Monday, 18 January 2010 21:23 (UTC)no subject
Date: Wednesday, 31 March 2010 21:23 (UTC)